Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Food Mood

I'm a little OCD (ok a lot OCD) in my life and that extends to my eating habits. I will get cravings, find something I love and I will eat it for like every meal for several weeks in a row, until I get sick of it and then move on to something else. It's a bit freaky. Recently, my meal kicks have been:

Pear and Gorgonzola Salad with soy nuts
Black Bean Burritos with mango salsa
Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil (this one lasted pretty much all summer)
Strawberry, Feta and Apple Chip Salad
Fresh Arugula with olive oil, salt and pepper
Sliced Avacdo with tuna salad

I will eat the crap out of these until I literally can't eat them any more. It's particularly bad because Sailor Boy is either forced to eat them too, or be on his own for dinners, because when I'm in a "food mood" (as he calls it), I don't cook anything else. I can't imagine what's going to happen with my food cravings when I'm pregnant!

I don't eat these things for breakfasts though, which is my favorite meal of the day. I love all breakfast foods. I like to eat something different for breakfast every day of the week, because I'm constantly craving pancakes, eggs, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, etc. On Sundays, our routine is to make a HUGE spread of food and then having a leisurely brunch, usually with bloody mary's or mimosas. Mmmmm I'm hungry just thinking about it.

PS - I'm still on the strawberry, feta and apple chip salad kick right now...already looking forward to my lunch today!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Ditto - in a big way... cali salads/strawberry salads have been my big kick this summer.

Kate said...

I am the same way. In Australia it was even worse because I didn't have much to choose from. Once I got tired of something I had to keep eating it!

The Pink Owl said...

Now you have me craving arugula! I love it with olive oil, salt and pepper too. But the salt has to be course sea salt! Yum!

The strawberry salad sounds pretty good too!

Penny said...

That salad is sounding good!!! I'll have to put it on my list, Ha!
Thanks for your inspiration

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs