Monday, November 17, 2008

AAAAHHHH!!!

Some super exciting news.....

WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

Sailor Boy COMPLETELY surprised me on Friday night....I literally had no idea it was coming and I am still in shock!!

Ok, details....

I had plans for a while to just have a low key girls night on Friday evening, we were going to sit around and drink wine and gossip. We were meeting at my BFF K's house at like 7:30pm (she's been in on this for over a month, so she knew it was happening that night, but she had to keep up the ruse of a girls night) So I get home from work on Friday and he's like "we should go grab dinner before you head over to K's". Completely normal and very nonchalant. So we head out and go to this little cafe in downtown Annapolis that we both like and eat at quite frequently. He was acting so calm the entire night, I had absolutely no idea.

After we finish eating, we were both stuffed because we got a huge piece of chocolate cake for dessert. Sailor Boy (again, super calmly) is like "hey, we should walk around downtown for a little bit". Now, the weather was not exactly good on Friday night...it was cold, windy and slightly rainy so I was kind of leery about a long walk in the cold rain. But I agree and we start walking. Again, I still have NO idea and he's not acting weird at all. We walk and walk and at this point I'm sort of shivering and I have my hood up on my jacket. We finally get down to this little tiny waterfront park and it was actually really pretty because there was all this fog out on the water and lots of boat lights.

All the sudden (it was seriously like slow motion) he stops me and says "hey wait a minute" and the next thing I know, he's down on one knee. At this point, I'm like "what the heck are you doing???" He starts going on about our relationship and how he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and I'm still thinking that it can't be real so I'm sort of backing away from him and starting to freak out. Then he pulls out the most GORGEOUS ring from his pocket and I was like "oh my god, this is really real". I think I finally said yes after we were both crying/laughing/hugging/freaking out. It seriously still felt so surreal...like an out of body experience...haha.

So we just stand down in the park, in the rain and cold, for a few minutes while I calm down enough to comprehend what just happened. There had literally been no one around at all and all the sudden, this couple walk down the street with their baby and dog. I was so excited and giddy, I yelled out to them "We just got engaged!!". I just had to tell someone!! So they come over and congratulate us and it's sort of funny.

We start walking back to the car and I'm still like jumping up and down and laughing hysterically and crying. I called my parents while we were walking and of course they already knew (he had gone over on Thursday night to ask permission) and they were so excited! Then we called Sailor Boy's parents and brother and everyone was so excited!!

Of course, we were so excited, we forgot to take any pictures in the park right after it happened. But Sailor Boy was like "well we need to go over to K's house now because she's probably been dying waiting for you to call". Well there was a whole welcoming crew waiting for us at K's house...a whole bunch of our friends were there to congratulate us with champagne! So we were there for a few hours, just celebrating, taking pictures and telling the story a million times!

Onto the pictures...Obligatory posed ring shot in K's very pink dining room.
Still a little bit freaked outWe drank SO much champagneA few pictures of the ring....I can't believe he picked it out by himself (we literally never even talked about rings)...it's perfect and exactly what I would have picked.

After we left K's we headed home to just relax and enjoy being engaged. Spencer was very excited for us...
I am definitely still in shock! It's been a whirlwind weekend already, visiting friends and our parents. We're just trying to take it all in before the wedding planning starts! I refuse to do any planning for at least 2 weeks...I just want to be a happy engaged couple for a little while!!

YAY!!!

25 comments:

Lulu said...

YAY!!! Congratulations! The ring looks gorgeous, and I'm sure the pics don't even do it justice! Congrats again!!!

Lisa said...

Ahhhhh! Congrats!!! What a fun story!

Red and White Preppy said...

Yayyyy :) Congratulations! That's a very cute story. You look SO HAPPY in the pictures!

Preppy in Philly said...

Congratulations! What a sweet story :) I look forward to reading about your wedding plans once you've had a chance to enjoy being engaged for a while.

Posh Peach said...

CONGRATULATIONS Grandbig!!!!!! I am soo so excited and happy for you! I was just getting a little teary-eyed reading how it happened. That ring is gorgeous! Yay yay yay!!! Your wedding is going to be fabulous!

Kiss My Tiara said...

Congratulations!! What an adorable story :) Your ring is GORGEOUS!! You two look so so happy!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting and I am SO jealous. That story is so cute too. By the way, that picture of Spencer made me smile. She looks so happy too.

Barefoot in the Park said...

holy moly i'm so excited for you!! pete sends a big puppy "congrats" to spenser too!

Little Miss Diva said...

Congratulations!!! :)

tickledpink said...

Congratulations! What a sweet story and your ring is beautiful!

Well I Do Declare said...

How exciting!!! Looks like he did a good job :) CONGRATS!!

Kate said...

YAY congrats!!!

Ashley said...

wow! we both get engaged only a week or two apart! Congrats, what a great story!

Where and when are you going to do it?

(ps, I emailed you at work today, no worries though- you must be basking in the engagement)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I just got engaged in April and it is such an amazing feeling! Now I am in the middle of the planning and I can't wait for the big day next year! I wish you both the best!

Seaside Prep said...

Just found your blog off of the Pink Tutu... Congrats... Your boy has amazing taste in women and rings! :) Happy wedding planning... i look forward to reading more!

Nora said...

Congratulations!! Such exciting news!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :)

amanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Your ring is beautiful! :)

Erica said...

Congratulations!

kristy said...

Congrats, that's wonderful news! And what a beautiful ring! Enjoy all the planning!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How exciting! Congrats. I can't wait to hear all about your OWN wedding.

Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!

ps - your ring is Gorg!

Polos & Pearls said...

Congrats!!! The ring is a beauty and I am sure it is much more stunning in person!

KAK said...

Congratulations! that is just a gorgeous ring!!

The Pink Owl said...

CONGRATS!!!! How did I miss this post?!?

The ring is GORGEOUS!!!! YAY!!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs