Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wow

Thanks for all the wonderful sweet messages! I feel so loved in blog land...hehe.

So I know I'm not supposed to be planning yet, but I can't help it! I'm a planner...it's what I do. We've started looking into venues and I'm seriously getting worried...I think because I do this every day, I'm just being way too picky. We're starting to visit some places this weekend, so I think that will help because looking at a venue's website just doesn't cut it.

Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions/stories about destination weddings? We're seriously considering a long weekend wedding down in the Outer Banks, NC because that's where I've gone to the beach every summer since I was born and Sailor Boy goes down to Hatteras alot for fishing trips with his friends. I just want everything to be simple, easy and laid back! I don't want anything fancy or over the top and I feel like the Outer Banks would be perfect for a simple wedding. Get married on the beach and then go back to a huge house and have the reception around the pool and deck of the house = perfection!

Don't worry...I'll probably have 28464628 other ideas before this is all over!

PS - The Pink Tutu....you are absolutely adorable and amazing and I love you! I'm going down to FLA in February to see Colleen and we MUST get together! I miss you so much!!

5 comments:

Seaside Prep said...

I love the Outer Banks!! My family has been summering at Emerald Isle for years and we used to live in Greenville, NC. What an amazing wedding location :)

Always Organizing said...

Congratulations on your engagement! I saw your comment on Vineyard Vogue's post and wanted to stop by and wish you the best. I am currently planning my wedding and it is a blast so far. Best of luck to you!

Wila (aka Ali) said...

OMG! Congrats to you! I hadn't caught up with my reader, so I was reading this entry before the one where you GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!! I am so excited for you---I know your wedding will be picture perfect, wherever it is!! :-) So glad Spencer was excited too :-)

Amanda said...

Hi! I just started reading your blog recently (I think I saw you comment on Kath Eats perhaps?) and I don't normally comment on blogs but today I had to... first, congrats!! very exciting news about the engagement :-)

as for the outer banks, I just got married there myself this past March. My husband had been going there all of his life with his best friends. We had recently moved to Charlotte from the DC area and didn't want a DC wedding but weren't yet tied to Charlotte so we decided to do a destination wedding. We ended up doing all of our wedding through Mallards Marsh (www.mallardsmarsh.com)... They have a bunch of options of where to do the ceremony and they can help with a reception either on their property (which is beautiful) or at a beach house. Pretty much everything is included (which helps being away from there, but may not be what you're looking for since you're a planner yourself)... I was super impressed with all of them.

Good luck with all of your planning!

TuTu's Bliss said...

You could always visit Hawaii..then you can have the wedding and honeymoon here in paradise!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs