Monday, December 22, 2008

Accessories

So I started thinking alot about my bridesmaids dresses over the weekend. I still love them, but I think they may need to be "accessorized". I'm just worried that the yellow dress by itself is really bright and loud. My mom suggested tying ribbon around the waist of the dresses, or a sash of some sort. That let me to find these:
The J.Crew flower belt! Everyone always talks about these belts and how fabulous they are. (I know Kerry is a huge fan!!) However, since the girls are wearing yellow, the sashes would be in navy like this:
Obviously they have been sold out on the J.Crew website for months, so I turned to my new best friend...Ebay. I managed to find 3 belts from 3 different sellers, all ranging from 14.99 to 29.99. They were all "buy it now" and all had free shipping!
Again, they were so cheap, coupled with the fact that we got the dresses for so cheap, that the belts will also be part of the girls presents. The belt can definitely be worn again, so I'm really excited about this! So here's the look I'm going for with the dresses and flower belt (obviously in different colors)
I'm so excited! I think it really dresses it up a lot and makes it really fun. I just wish I would have ordered one for myself! Hmm...maybe I'll have to double check on Ebay and see if I can find one more!

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Those belts are more beautiful in person than any pic can show! I bought the yellow for my PD last spring and she has been able to wear it with so many different things. They will be just perfect as the final touch on your bridesmaid's dresses! Good Job! Merry Christmas!!

Kate said...

ooh that is going to look so pretty!

Anonymous said...

What are the different colors you will use?

k e r r y said...

I love my flower belts! I think these will add just the right touch to the dresses too! Do you know when these first came out and you couldn't get in at J Crew they were selling on ebay for like $80! I almost bought one on ebay but then J Crew sent me mine :)

P*P*P said...

SO SO CUTE!! I love the belt idea! I love reading your blog, but now it's even more fun since I can follow all of your wedding plans & try to be creative for my wedding too!!! :) Hope you're well!

Anonymous said...

great idea..love it..ebay is great.

Sassy Engineer said...

I just found your blog recently so I am playing catch up, but I love your dresses and the belts. So chic! I love ebay too :)

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs