Thursday, December 4, 2008

An Award and Some Wedding Stuff...

Two of my favorite bloggers recently left me an award and I have taken my sweet time responding :-) Sorry ladies! Both The Pink Tutu (who happens to be my wonderful grandlittle from my sorority) and Positively Preppy in Pink (who also attends the college that I went to and is currently studying abroad in London...how fabulous!!) left me this award:Thanks so much ladies! As for my 5 obsessions right now...

1. Christmas!! I can't wait to decorate the house this weekend and get our tree!

2. Weddings...yes, this is an obsession all the time, but it's definitely on my mind now more than ever. Currently, I'm getting excited for wedding dress shopping with my mom after Christmas!

3. My new Sedu Ultrapower Hairdryer. Umm...everyone NEEDS to own one of these. I plan on doing a whole blog post about it's fabulousness. My hair has never looked so good!

4. The chilly weather and being able to wear cute sweaters and fun winter accessories...I love me some scarves and gloves!

5. J.Crew. Basically I want every single thing in the catalog...amazing!

I tag anyone who wants to do this too!

Now onto my #2 obsession...we have gotten alot done in a short period of time regarding the wedding! The date is set, we booked a photographer yesterday (who I am absolutely obsessed with!) and everything is falling into place. We also decided on colors! My wonderful friend A, who happens to work in graphic design, made me a bunch of monograms (with our last initial) for the wedding, using our colors. Here's my favorite one:
I just wanted something plain and simple, and I love this! Obviously I'm a big fan of polka dots, but I didn't want something super girly. We'll probably use this monogram on our programs, menu cards, etc. So our colors are navy blue, lemon yellow and lime green. I think it will look really fresh and fun for a late summer wedding. Guys in khakis, blue blazers and either green or yellow ties and girls in navy dresses with white, yellow and green flowers. Since our wedding is 90% outside (ceremony on a lawn, dinner under a tent and then dancing inside), I think the colors will go nicely and be strong enough to stand up to all the greenery and nature.

I also decided that since I posted the wedding date, I can't post exactly where the wedding will be, for fear of internet stalkers. I may post a few pictures that I took of the venue, but I have to keep it a little bit private. But after the wedding, I will post all about it!

We're meeting with my friend A's company on Monday to design the save the dates, which I'm trying to get out before New Years since the wedding is on a holiday weekend. I want to play up our date (09.05.09), since it's sort of cool looking, on the save the dates. Hopefully they can come up with something unique and fun!

Yay Weddings!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

That color combination is gorgeous! Love your monogram, too. Can't wait to see pictures!!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I feel like I am living vicariously through your wedding planning! It is all so exciting. I like the colors you are using too. I would think you would be an expert about colors and whatnot.

The trick to getting Cricket to stay is a treat in one hand. We have made her sit and stay for her food since I got her, so she knows that one command.

Angela said...

I love the monogram! Simple, but chic!

Posh Peach said...

Thanks for the sweet comments on my outfit. The party was fun!! I am loving this monogram and choice of colors. It will look so great for late summer!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Just Dandy Blog said...

cute monogram!!!

Let Girls Night Out Blog designs dress up your blog for $56, before the ball drops on New Years!!!!!!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs