Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Meme!!

I stole this from Barefoot in the Park (who stole it from Red and White Preppy!)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper. I love wrapping presents! Random, but I love Ikea for christmas paper...they have really good prints and it's cheap!!

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? I grew up with an artificial tree because my dad is allergic. Now Sailor Boy and I get a real tree, which I think is the greatest thing ever...I love picking out a real tree and dragging it home.

3. When do you put Christmas tree up? Usually a few weeks before Christmas, I think we're going to go this Sunday to get one.

4. When do you take the tree down? Typically on New Years day.

5. Like eggnog? Yuck...NO!

6. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I'm actually currently searching for one right now. Any suggestions would be great!

7. Favorite gift received as a child? My bike when I was 10.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Probably Sailor Boy's parents. I'm still stumped this year!

9. Easiest person to buy for? my parents

10. Worst Christmas gift? A few years ago, my aunt and uncle got me this pink purse. I think they thought because it was pink, I would love it. But it had a super long strap and was totally NOT me. I felt really bad, but it totally got donated to Goodwill.

11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? I have to admit, I can be a slacker about christmas cards. We're going to try and mail them out this year though.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Love Actually, Home Alone, It's a Wonderful Life. Sailor Boy's parents throw a "Scrooge Party" every year a few weeks before christmas, where we all sit around and watch the original "A Christmas Carol", so that's become a favorite one of mine as well.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Typically by early December...I need to start doing it a little bit earlier so I don't get so stressed out!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, I will admit it.

15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Every Christmas morning, my mom makes egg casserole and homemade cinnamon rolls. YUM!

16. Lights on tree? of course...I prefer white lights, non-blinking.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree.

18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? We stay home....all our family is close.

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, & Rudolph

20. Angel or Star on Tree top? We have a star and then I usually put some ribbon coming down the tree off the star.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? We usually spend Christmas Eve with my dad's family and open our gifts then with them, then on Christmas morning, I go to my parents and open gifts with them. It's always a little bit more difficult splitting the holiday with Sailor Boy's family too, but we make it work.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The crazy ridiculous lines and traffic at all the stores.

23. Favorite ornament? Last year, my mom wrapped up some of my old christmas ornaments from growing up and gave them to me to put on our tree. I found one that was a clay christmas tree that I had made and decorated in kindergarten. I love that one.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I haven't actually asked for too much this year. I need some new black gloves, a new black coat, a few random kitchen things.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I may steal this from you when I get time to answer all the questions! Enjoyed reading yours! Memes are the most fun, aren't they??

Lilly P. Wannabe said...

I love it! I may steal it as well... procrastinating studying for exams is always fun!

Posh Peach said...

Ohhh I'm going to have to borrow this too! So fun with Christmas stuff!!

Red and White Preppy said...

I tagged you in a holiday-themed tag!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs