Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Deck the Halls

We Christmas-tized the house this weekend! Sunday was literally the COLDEST day of the year and that's the day we went to pick out our tree. I felt so bad for the guys at the tree lot, they must have been dying out there all day. But I absolutely love our tree! Last year, in our tiny apartment, we had to get a tiny tree. I was taller than our tree last year and I'm only 5'4". This year, our new house has super high ceilings, so we were able to get a huge big tall fluffy tree!

I promised Sailor Boy I wouldn't go crazy with buying new decorations this year, since we are short on storage space and our house really isn't that big. I have actually kept that promise and the only thing I bought was a new tree skirt because our old one was for our tiny tree and it wouldn't even fit around the new tree. Tree skirts are so expensive, I had no idea! I found one I LOVED at target and when I looked at the price, I just about had a heart attack...$49.99!!! WHAT?? I stood in the aisle for a good 15 minutes debating and when I realized that all the other ones (that I didn't love) were $39.99, I bit the bullet and got the $50 one. I figure we'll have it for a long time, so it's sort of an investment in Sailor Boy and I's future life together :-) hehe.

Here's some pics of our fabulous tree...Yes, those are PRESENTS under the tree! I went from not having any presents bought, to being pretty much done and I have most of them wrapped! Ahh, the beauty of being off on Mondays. I get so much done!

Here's the rest of our decor...My Pottery Barn knock off centerpiece that I made from supplies found at Target for half the price.
Our fireplace mantle. I went simple and just did lighted garland, a nutcracker, a lantern and then the stockings. I hate our stockings...we need new ones, but I'm going to wait until next year to get us some...to celebrate our 1st Christmas being a married couple! Our stocking holders are actually frames and we each picked out the picture of the other person for their frame. Of course, we both picked a really embarrassing funny picture. Classy.
This is actually my favorite part of our decor. Above our front door, we have these 3 windows with a ledge and so we stuck these glittery snowflakes that I have up there. It's cute because you can see it from outside or inside. Ok, I will admit it...this was actually Sailor Boy's idea and I love it! Maybe he's a keeper after all.

15 days until Christmas!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Your house looks great! I love those windows above the door!

Lulu said...

We have an artificial tree, but I have always wanted to try a real tree. It looks great!

Posh Peach said...

The tree is looking gorgeous! Love all your decorations :)

Kate said...

I especially love the fireplace. Nice job!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs