Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy December!

Wow, can you believe it's already December? Craziness!!

We had a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving holiday. Ate way too much (we ended up eating 2 dinners...one at my parents and one at Sailor Boy's aunts) and it was really fun to show everyone in both families the ring and tell them all the engagement story! Then we headed down to VA to the River House for the weekend with some of Sailor Boy's family and we had a great and restful weekend! Highlights of the weekend:

-- Finding out that Sailor Boy's cousins wife is pregnant with their first baby during the "Thankful game" at dinner! Yay for babies!

-- Shopping all day on Saturday with Sailor Boy's mom and aunt at some cute boutiques near their river house. And I'm very proud of myself for resisting the urge to buy anything for myself...but I did get some christmas presents!

-- Showing Sailor Boy's mom my "inspiration notebook" with all the ideas I've started collecting for the wedding and having her get so excited!

-- Roasting marshmallows and making smores on Saturday night with Sailor Boy's parents new firepit that they got for the river house. Ok, I admit...I ate 4 smores! ACK...wedding diet is non-existant!

-- Starting and finishing knitting a scarf for my dad for Christmas, since I had so much extra wonderful quiet time at the house. Check another Christmas present off the list!

Now I'm in super Christmas mode! We're waiting another week or so to go get our tree, but I'm DYING to start decorating the rest of the house!! Goodbye fall and Hello Christmas!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Sounds like everything went great!! Such a fun time of year!

Posh Peach said...

Sounds like your Thanksgiving was wonderful and relaxing. I got to go home and it was such a fun time! How exciting that you set a date!! I bet your inspiration book is full of such great ideas!!!

Kate said...

I am totally craving some Smores now!

Lilly P. Wannabe said...

It sounds like you had a great holiday! Yay for Christmas time... I started decorating last week before leaving for the weekend so I could come back to it :)

P*P*P said...

Loving your blog...also congrats on the engagement! The Pink Tutu left me a comment on my blog a while ago about where I go to school...and I found out that we are/were both EU students!!!

Also, I left you an award on my blog! :)

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs