Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Tag!

Red and White Preppy tagged me to list 6 random Holiday things about myself...

1. When I was 7, my great uncle took me to see the Nutcracker Ballet in Baltimore and I have been obsessed with it ever since. That same year, my parents got me a set of nutcracker ornaments and I begged them to let me keep them out even after we put all the Christmas stuff away. I love the story, the music, the dancing, everything! Every time I hear a song from the ballet, it brings back such great memories!

2. In my family, we always take turns opening gifts and go around in a circle (oldest person starts and we go down by age) so everyone can see what everyone else gets. I have a huge family on both sides, so this can take quite a long time, but I love it and I wouldn't ever want to change that. Sailor Boys family is NOT like this at all...they all get their gifts and all rip them open at the same time and no one shows each other anything that they got. It's chaos, followed by shouts of "thank you". I hate this. The first year we spent the Holidays together, I sat with my gifts while everyone else was opening them because I was so confused as to what was going on. After everyone else opened, then I slowed opened all my gifts one by one. I'm such a brat!

3. We always eat beef wellington and asparagus for Christmas Eve dinner and it's so good. My mom has the best recipe and I crave it all year, but we save it for Christmas eve. My mom also always makes egg and cheese casserole and homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning after we open our presents. YUM!

4. When I was younger (like 10 and 11), I used to sneak and open up some of the presents my parents would put under the tree before Christmas. Yes, I would unwrap them, look at them and then attempt to "re-wrap" them so my mom wouldn't find out. And apparently I thought I did an excellent job, but I know my mom always knew what I was up to.

5. Growing up, my mom and I would always bake about 28436462 dozen cookies, and we would have tins and tins of them for the entire month of December. We would give some away as gifts as well. My favorite were the peanut butter ones with the Hershey Kiss on top. I don't really bake at all anymore. I really need to get better about that.

6. My favorite part of Christmas is opening stockings! We save it for last and I love seeing what kind of fun little treats that my mom put in it. I would always get new chap stick, a pack of gum and a new book.

I tag these 6 people --
Seaside Prep
Positively Preppy in Pink
Nautical by Nature
More, More, More
Prissy Southern Prep
Prepadelphia

6 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks for the tag! Can't wait to do this :)

#2- my family does the one by one too (but there are only 4 of us so it doesn't take that long)

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun read! I had to laugh when reading #4, I did that once!

:-)

Nora said...

I am obsessed with the Nutcracker too! My dad used to take me every year to see the Boston Ballet perform it. :)

Mrs. Nurse said...

I peaked at presents too!

P*P*P said...

OH!! Thanks for the tag! I will do this as my first post back in the states!!! So excited!

k e r r y said...

yay! thanks for the tag :) I'll post my randoms tomorrow!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs