Friday, December 12, 2008

Saving the Date

On Monday (in between Christmas shopping), I headed over to the graphic design studio where my friend A works to work on our Save the Date cards. The company is actually doing the save the date's as a gift to us, which I think is so generous and lovely! After a few rounds of trial and error, here is the final design we decided on yesterday...

I absolutely love it! The yellow border is actually yellow cardstock, and then the white card goes over that, so it will be 2 layers of paper. Sorry I had to blur out all the important stuff, but our last names are actually in lowercase (like the "maryland"), so it looks really cool I think. It's simple, classic and exactly what we wanted. I knew I wanted to play up the date somehow and I love what they came up with. They will go in white envelopes that I'm going to line with green and white polka dotted paper. I'll take photos of the actual cards and envelopes as we're getting them ready to mail out - we're aiming to send them out right around New Years. With the wedding being on a Holiday weekend, we want to make sure people get them in plenty of time.
And now that Sailor Boy's real name is out there (Jake), I think I'm just going to start calling him that - since he will be my husband and all, I guess I should stop referring to him as a "boy" hehe. Since Jake is off from work for the entire week between Christmas and New Years, he will be a busy guy with stuffing envelopes and writing out addresses for these cards!!

I have also been playing around with my new obsession, Etsy, and I found something absolutely adorable to accompany these Save the Dates....custom stickers for the back of the envelopes! I used a fabulous Etsy seller, LadyBugLabels, and she created the cutest custom labels for us. I was superstitious about using an "E" on our save the dates (our new last initial), so I had LadyBugLabels make us navy blue and green stickers that just say "K&J" that we will stick on the flap of the envelope. She had them designed and sent me a proof all in the same day, and they were perfect! When they arrived, I was even more impressed...the were packaged in cute little tins and she even added some extra labels to the order "just in case". And the price was great - we got 4 sets (which is like 168 labels) for $30.75! Here's the labels...

I highly recommend LadyBugLabels if you need label stickers for anything - she has them for baby showers, holidays, weddings, anything! I think they will look so cute on our envelopes...I can't wait to see the whole final project come together!!

So that's the fun wedding project we've crossed off our list at this point...I do have some other fun projects to share soon - bridesmaids dresses!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

They are darling! Probably one of the cutest Save the Date cards I have seen - period! and I have seen MANY. . . ;)

Posh Peach said...

The labels and the save the dates are so fabulous! Love them!! can't wait to see the bridesmaid dresses too :)

Mrs. Nurse said...

love your save the dates & tree!

Always Organizing said...

Love your save the dates!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs