Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Colors and a dress update

So I know I said I wasn't going to be able to blog for a while, but...oh well!

First, I changed my blog background colors! I decided to make it the wedding colors, so I could keep looking at them to get inspiration. The more I look at it, the more I love it!! After the wedding, I will go back to being pink and green.

Second, I decided I was just too excited about my dress to wait to post about the "dress update". My mom and I went Monday to the bridal salon to order my dress. We had been talking about the dress all weekend and my mom suggested that we see if the store had a sparkly, beaded sash I could try on with it, just to see if I liked that better than the ribbon sash. They actually pulled 3 different beaded sashes off of other dresses to see how I liked them. Well the 3rd one I put on, I fell in love with!! Who knew I would actually like beading? Just a tiny bit, right at my waist. The belt is pretty thin, it's sheer organza (so you can see through it) and it's covered in "bling" (as my mom was calling it). I think because the dress is SO plain, the tiny bit of sparkliness looks so good! Here's the pic we took:

If you click on the pic, you can see the full size version and if you look in the mirror reflection, you can see how it looks full length from the front. I just think it looks so clean and sleek!!

We are making 1 change...they are actually going to cut the sash and take off all the extra (the bow part in the back basically) and attach it directly to the dress, to make it just a sparkly belt all the way around, so it won't tie in the back like the picture. I didn't want to lose all the beautiful buttons going down the back (my fave part) with a huge poofy organza bow right on my butt. So just imagine that bow not being there and it just being beading all the way around!! YAY!!

So now I just have to wait 5 months for my dress to get here!!

9 comments:

QueenBeeSwain said...

just gorgie!

kHm

Posh Peach said...

So gorgeous! It looks so stunning on you. Liking the new look as well!!

Red and White Preppy said...

Very beautiful :) You're going to be a beautiful bride!

Seaside Prep said...

these new colors are great! The beading is exquisite and you will be gorgeous in your one of a kind dress! :)

Angela said...

I think that looks SO classy, and sounds even better with the sash directly on the dress on the back. Not to mention it looks like you have about a 12 inch waist! You look beautiful!

Well I Do Declare said...

PERFECTION!!! You covered every thought in my head. LOVE IT!

Wila (aka Ali) said...

So beautiful! I love the sash/belt...good idea with cutting and attaching. Yeahhhh!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

So pretty!!! I love the buttons on the back.

I left you something on my blog!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your dress!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs