Thursday, March 5, 2009

Stationary Help!

So I need advice/suggestions. Jake and I had been receiving a few engagement gifts recently and I'm stumped with finding some good stationary/thank you notes that are appropriate and cute to send from both of us. Obviously I'll be getting some with our new monogram to send for the wedding thank you's, but I can't quite pull that off yet. All the stationary I have is all very pink, girly and most of it has my monogram on it. I have one set of very nice high end Crane cards, that are completely plain...nice, but semi-boring in my opinion. Jake has NO stationary. 

Does anyone have any good stationary suggestions (online stores, etc). I guess I'm looking for something pretty plain and neutral, but still cute. Is it stupid/tacky to get some that has both of our first names on it? Like at the top? Or should we just get something really plain? HELP!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check ebay for notecard sets with your name on them only. Traditionally, thank you notes are only sent from the bride to be until after the wedding. It is fine to reference your fiance in the note though, "John and I love to entertain and will really enjoy the>>>>.

Ashley Turner said...

I am very partial to Papyrus - they also carry Crane & Co. and you can order it online - google it. But I also saw some BEAUTIFUL Vera Wang Thank You notes in a Barnes and Noble. I would have gotten them myself, but they didn't have as many as I needed. Good luck!!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

You can never go wrong with classic Crane!

Ashley said...

I actually got thank you cards from Target. They have a really nice selection and a wedding section. They are quite gender neutral and nicer than plain flimsy paper thank yous.

That's great that you are getting gifts already. We did get two ourselves, but that's been it so far. Are you having an engagement party?

Sandra said...

Redstamp.com - especially Snow & Graham products
hellolucky.com
Crane.com

Can't go wrong with any of these! xoxo

Silvia said...

I agree with the Target route. They arent too flashy and look very err... organic kinda.

Flamingos & Flip Flops said...

Chloe from English Tea Paperie - so easy to work with - plus she's a stay at home mom - and she's offering free shipping right now

http://www.englishteapaperie.com/home.html

I've bought a lot from her - she did Katie's birthday invitations for me too.

Anonymous said...

Check out second party on etsy. They can also probably make cards to order if you want your names.

Alyson said...

You should check out ashleybrookedesigns.com. Ashley does custom stationary and everything is drawn by hand. I buy all my stationary from her and I'm sure she'd be more than happy to make something special for you!

Pink Flamingo said...

Can never go wrong with Crane & Co., however, I am also big fan of William Arthur, Lemon Tree Paperie, Whitney English, Kate Spade and Boatman Geller, too! Good luck!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs