Wednesday, August 26, 2009

alright, this is really it!

So we're now down to 10 days. Tomorrow we'll be in single digits. I know I haven't blogged in FOREVER but it has been a little bit chaotic. I'm starting to feel good though. My goal is to have everything DONE by next Wednesday so I can enjoy Thursday and Friday and not stress anymore. I will be turning off my "planning mode" and getting into "bride mode". 

I have a million things I could post about because we've done SO much in the past few days, but my brain is completely fried. 

Today at lunch, I ran to Anthropologie to see if I could find a new dress for the rehearsal dinner. I had bought a dress from J.Crew final sale way back in March and I started having 2nd thoughts about it. It was slightly tight, not comfortable and it was silk (which I was worried about since it's more than likely going to be hot and I tend to sweat - gross I know!)

Well I was HIGHLY successful at Anthro and walked out with this beauty:
The picture doesn't really do the dress justice - it fits amazingly and it's a very light weight linen and it's super flattering. Plus, the striped grosgrain ribbon belt pretty much sold me! I like that it's partially white and also incorporates one of our wedding colors! Plus it was on sale for $61! So I feel much better that I don't have to deal with dress stress anymore. 

Other than that, our to-do list is dwindling down to almost nothing -- we finished all the pillows, place cards are 95% done, bathroom baskets are made, cocktail napkins and koozies are here and put into their baskets, the props for our photobooth are organized and I've picked
 up my dress from the alterations lady (it's currently in my closet with the door locked to keep Jake away from it) 

I did have my hair trial last week and it came out FABULOUSLY!! 
Please ignore the nasty roots, those will be gone next week at my last hair appointment. This shows a good view of the antique brooch I'm wearing my hair, which was my grandmothers (and it's my something old)
Another view from that side - isn't it lovely that my crazy dog is peeing in the background - love you Spencer!
From the other side...I love how she curled and twisted the hair and how it all comes back very soft and loose, but it's definitely very secure with about a million bobby pins. It looks like I have SO much hair (and I really don't!)

Not sure how much I'll be posting/commenting in the next week, but I'll try to keep up with the last minute updates!!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

wow! I cannot believe how close you are... Keep us updated and I can't wait to hear about your lists. I want to make sure that i'm not forgetting anything. Enjoy!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Love the dress. Love the hair. Love you, you're just too cute! EEK! almost single digits!! Bride-mode is awesome...about a day or two before I totally checked out and didn't care about anything anymore. I was just sooo excited to be getting married!!

KatiePerk said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I can't wait to see the pictures from the big day!! It will be amazing! Have fun and enjoy yourself!

Wila (aka Ali) said...

Holy cow, so exciting! I love the dress, and the hair is FAB! I hope you enjoy the next few days, you seem to be doing great. On top of everything and all. You'd think you were a wedding planner, or something ;-) Tee hee. Yay!!!!

Brittany Ann said...

Beautiful! Your hair is perfect!

Always Organizing said...

Yay! Your hair looks fabulous, love the style you chose! Relax and get ready to enjoy your big day. Congrats!

EmilyB said...

The dress is adorable and your hair looks beautiful! Enjoy every second of these days leading up to the big one!!

Red and White Preppy said...

It's SO soon :) I've loved sharing this journey with you! You will look so stunning...

Jules said...

I love the dress for your rehearsal dinner...very pretty! Your hair is going to look fantastic for the wedding. The trial pics are great!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs