Friday, August 7, 2009

Blooms

We had our final meeting with the florist last week - it was fantastic! We changed a few things and added a few new elements which I LOVE...I'm so excited to see my flowers! 

My bouquet will be white hydrangea, white and yellow dahlias, yellow garden roses, queen annes lace, green berries, and a few other flowers that I can't remember. It will be tied with a yellow grosgrain ribbon and then over that, our florist is wrapping it with a piece of lace from my mom's wedding dress! This is my basic inspiration:
(taking out the green orchids and changing a few things, but that's the main colors and flowers)

For the bridesmaids, we are doing all green and white bouquets, with a navy ribbon, which I
think will look really good against their bright yellow dresses. Here's my inspiration pic for the girls:
The thing I'm most excited about is that we added a huge fluffy beautiful floral wreath, which will be hung on this gigantic tree which is like the centerpiece of the entire garden where we are getting married. Here's a picture of the tree from our venue:
The tree is right behind where the ceremony is and there will be a bar set up underneath it for cocktail hour. The florist is making a white and yellow wreath (hydrangea and dahlias) with a big navy ribbon and putting it on the tree, like this...
I can't decide if we will add in our monogram to the wreath (I'm leaning towards YES) and it will have ribbon at the bottom, but I love the idea of wreaths! To keep it uniform, she's also going to make a few more smaller wreaths and hanging them around off the deck where the other bar will be during the reception. 

We're also adding lemons and limes into the decor, which I think is very fresh and summery
(and goes perfectly with our colors). I'm having several large glass cylinder vases filled with lemons and limes and placed around the venue:
(only no flowers on top or ribbon - very clean and modern looking)

We are also using cut lemons and limes in the vase for our table centerpieces - pretty much exactly like this, only obviously this is the wrong color flowers:
We are at 26 days and counting -- WHAT!! Starting to feel a little bit stressed, but I know everything will get done! I'm sure I will be posting a bunch this week with our last minute details and progress!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, those are beautiful!!! You are going to have on fantastic day!! = )

MCW said...

Everything just looks beautiful...I love that you are using Queen Ann's lace...

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

It will be beautiful! I love the flowers you chose for your bouquet!

Posh Peach said...

These ideas sound fabulous!! I am so excited for you. My vote is yes for the monogram and I love the idea of lemons and limes. My sister is doing a wreath theme since hers is in December near Christmas. She's going to have little wreaths hanging from the pews of the church and some outside and at the reception site and is looking for invitations with a wreath oh them. Can't wait to see pics of your big day!

Hailey HRH said...

i only have one word for you - GORGEOUS!

Wila (aka Ali) said...

I love love love the flowers! So fresh and pretty...I say do the monogram, too cute! I bet you're so excited! I thought of you today when I was at the gym with the trainer, wanting to die! :-) Hope your workouts are going great!

Flamingos & Flip Flops said...

awesome - I still want to know which florist you're using - email me (akrsmile) @ comcast (dot) net - your bouquet seem similiar to mine - I love the centerpieces and wreath -

Always Organizing said...

Gorgeous, love it all! Take a deep breath, it will all come together!

~M~ said...

Gorgeous!!! 26 days is going to go by so fast! :)

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

How gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Everything is gorgeous! I love the wreath. With or without a monogram it's beautiful!

My florist got my bouquet wrong--7 years later, I still FUME about it. LOL...What can you do?? Things happen. This is married life!! Your day will go off without a hitch! I am sooooo excited for you!!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs