Tuesday, August 18, 2009

More Progress

Now that we are under 3 weeks, somehow I got the idea that I wanted to take on a few DIY projects. Well, maybe I should call them, DIT (because I'm having other people make stuff - do it themselves)...hehehe. I'm just not a crafty person. BUT I have friends and family who I have helping me who are AMAZING!

My Maid of Honor came up with the idea of bringing in pillows to put around our venue on the teak benches which are around the gardens where cocktail hour will be. I shopped for yellow and green pillows to just buy, but I didn't find any I liked, so that led her to offer to help me make as many pillows as I wanted. We bought fabric and pillow inserts (much easier and prettier looking than batting) and went to work last night! We were able to finish 8! I am very proud of us...ok, it was really more HER, but I did help!
The pile of pillows - they came out so cute! I was so happy with the fabric we found and I plan to mix and match the patterns on the different benches. 
A close up of the patterns. The navy polka dots are my fave. We have to make a few more this week.

My 2nd project is the place cards. I think I've mentioned before we are having wheatgrass trays with little flags stuck in them for the place cards. I had a vendor on Etsy do a custom order for
me for the little flags, and then I'm going to do the names in fun navy writing. I don't know calligraphy, so it's going to be a more casual lettering. Here's the flags:
She made me half yellow striped and half yellow polka dots. I LOVE how they came out - I'm going to put the names on the front and the table names on the back so it doesn't look crowded and take away from the flags. 

After 10 months of refusing any projects and just buying stuff, or paying vendors to make everything for me, I think I am happy about the small personal projects that we're doing. Nothing too stressful, just fun and semi-easy projects. Yay for progress!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your dyi. They are small less stressful ideas and that is what every bride to be wants. Great work sister.

Anonymous said...

I love the pillows!! I love the fabric and the color scheme you went with!! hope you have a great day!! = )

Ashley said...

Good for you! I did my own calligraphy as well!

Ashley Paige said...

i love those pillows! a friend of mine was married beneath a tent in her backyard (well, multiple tents) and under the "lounge tent" she had sofas with pillows bearing their new monogram! i thought it was the cutest idea! loooove the Navy/White polka dots! you go, girl!

KatiePerk said...

Those pillows are amazing! Well done ladies! I like the flag idea too, very cute color scheme. I can't wait to see all the fun pics!!

Lisa said...

SO cute! Thank for sharing :-) It's been so fun following your progress... almost there!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

You have been busy! I love the place card idea! Darling! And the pillows will be so fun to have after! I love your yellow strip fabric!

P*P*P said...

Love love love you DIT projects!!! The pillow idea is TOO cute and I am sure will look FABULOUS at your reception site! :) You're so close to the wedding now! Good luck with EVERYTHING! :)

Always Organizing said...

Great stuff! The pillows and flags are fabulous!

Posh Peach said...

Could you be any more adorable!?! These are fabulous!! I really cannot wait to see pics of the wedding :)

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs