Thursday, August 13, 2009

OMG Tons of Updates!

Wedding Central (i.e. our guest room/office) is in full swing! There is ribbon, paper, lists, presents, etc. all over the place. Poor Spencer (that's where her crate is) - we've taken over her space! We've been busy busy busy trying to cross everything off the list. Here's all the new fun updates...
** I FINALLY FINALLY decided on a dress to change into after the reception for our "grand exit". Literally I think I tried 50 dresses and none of them were "the one". It was harder for me to find the exit dress than my actual wedding dress! I had been wanting something all white, but the dress I ended up with is actually print, with a white background. I decided I can probably get more use out of it than a plain white dress. I found it at Nordstrom and it was on sale!
** We finalized the bus transportation for guests - and decided on school buses! The transportation is more for the young people (our friends) so they don't have to drive at the end of the night. We priced everything out and the school bus was SO much cheaper than a charter bus. Plus apparently school buses now have air conditioning! I think it's such a cute and different idea and I told our photographer to make sure she got fun shots of guests getting off of the bus for the wedding! (am I a dork for getting excited that the yellow school bus would match our wedding colors??? hehe)
** My wonderful and amazing photographer will also be doing a photobooth for us during the reception! Not like a traditional photobooth that you get in, it's just a black backdrop and then a stationary camera to take pictures of people (just like I had at my shower). Then she will upload all the pictures to a website and people can download them and we can print them out and put them into an album for our guestbook. Also, one of my past brides from July had done a photobooth and brought a huge box of props (hats, boas, funny other stuff) for people to wear in the photobooth - well she offered to let me borrow it! YAY! She dropped it off today and it has some HILARIOUS stuff in it -- zombie hands and coconut bras with grass skirts! Can't wait to see all of our funny pictures!

** Since we are doing a "grand exit" and our venue doesn't allow sparklers (boo!), we ended up ordering light up glow sticks for guests to wave as we leave...and those things are hard to find! I found some that were $4.99 each (umm no thanks!) or ones where they require 3 double AA batteries that aren't included -- like I want to load batteries into all those wands. We ended up ordering them for a dollar a piece and they come with batteries already in them. We got 4 dozen blue and 4 dozen green...perfect for our colors! These are the ones we got:
I think they will make for some fun and colorful pictures!

** Jake and I have a dance lesson tomorrow evening - we need HELP in the dancing department! I refuse to just stand there and sway, but I also don't want some grand choreographed thing...we just need to learn some basics so we don't look dumb. Wish us luck - we both have 2 left feet!

** I have my make up trial TONIGHT! So excited!! I cut a bunch of pictures out of magazines of what I want. I'm definitely doing fake eyelashes and I want something semi smokey eye. I'm sure I'll have pictures to post tomorrow!

** I've also ordered all the bridesmaids gifts. In addition to buying the girls dresses (which we found on SUPER clearance from J.Crew) and paying for their hair and make up that day, I also bought them each 1 small thing cause it's always fun to have something to open! I got them all something different and I'll do a post this week about the gifts...so excited for the girls to see them!

** I finished writing all the names on our place card flags. I have to do a post about the flags, cause I'm totally obsessed with them. They will get stuck into trays of wheat grass for the cocktail hour. I ended up doing the names myself cause I'm anal about stuff like that and they came out really cute. Once we finalize the table assignments, I will add the table names to the back of each flag.

I'm sure there's more stuff...my brain is running a mile a minute! Happy Almost weekend!

14 comments:

Posh Peach said...

This all sounds wonderful and SO you!!! I love the dress! I am so happy and excited for you. Love you grandbig!!!!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

A photo booth sounds so fun! I wish I had had one at my wedding! Beautiful exit dress! Wow everything is coming together!

Hailey HRH said...

that is a ton! i like that yall are taking dance lessons. how fun. and i hope we get to use sparklers - that is our plan as of now.

good luck with everything!

Pretty in Pink said...

yay! i LOVE that dress :) who makes it? me want!

Bridges and Bites said...

My venue wouldn't let me have sparkler's either! I think you found a super cute replacement though.

Irwin Esq said...

Love the dress!! Glad everything is coming together :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! sounds beautiful! Love the school buses and that dress!!!

Barefoot in the Park said...

sounds like you are so busy!

i love that you bought all your maids dresses/hair. that will allow them to truly focus on you, not have to worry about $$$, & give you a great gift!!

Anonymous said...

I love all of your updates. I think the bus is super cool, very responsible & adorable that it matched your colors!! We took dance lessons too -I forgot everything when it came to our 1st dance! LOL such a dork! I know you will do 100X better than moi! So exciting!!!

The Pink Owl said...

Love the dress and LOVE the schoolbus idea! That will look awesome in your pictures!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

LOVE that dress!! And we had a photobooth at our wedding. Guests still talk about it!! We got married new year's eve, so we had top hats, crowns, 2009 glasses, etc. The pics were hilarious!!

mFw said...

The dress is adorable on - a girl in my class wore it for our final class mass and it was probably one of my favorites other than the 3 lilly dresses! You're doing great!

Corliss said...

This dress is looking so cool and beautiful... You have chosen right stuff from Nordstrom...

Lillian said...

WOW.!! What a great find.. That dress is truly awesome. Totally LOVE the fabric and pattern. I will certainly try to get a similar dress from Nordstrom.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs