Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Present for the Groom

J and I plan on exchanging small gifts the morning of the wedding. We agreed on nothing super expensive, just a small meaningful present. Right away, I knew I wanted to get Jake cufflinks as his present. Not super original, but he's very excited about his wedding shirt having french cuffs, so I thought cufflinks would be perfect. I've been searching for the right ones and I think I've finally found them!
Barracuda fish cufflinks! Jake is OBSESSED with fishing - he would go every day if he could. He and his friends go down to North Carolina and Florida for fishing trips several times a year. A few years ago, he was in Barbados and went out on a charter boat and they caught a ton of barracudas. He said it's his favorite fish to catch because it puts up a good fight. So I thought these would be great and remind him of that trip. I had our wedding date engraved on the back (on the cuff part that goes through the shirt) so he will always remember them as his wedding cufflinks.

We have several "fish" themed items in our wedding - our table numbers are names of fish that J has caught and a few other fishy details are getting added in (some of which are a surprise to Jake). So I think the fish cufflinks will be fun and be a good finishing touch on his wedding day outfit!

Did anyone else exchange gifts with their grooms? I want to hear what everyone else gave and received!

P.S. - I'm still holding out for a new monogrammed ring!!

10 comments:

Bridges and Bites said...

Awwww that's the PERFECT gift for your fiance!

I had kind of a "different" gift. I had written letters to my "future husband" throughout the teenage years and saved them for the day I'd meet my husband and marry him. So on our wedding while we were getting ready, I had one of my bridesmaids deliver the letters to him to read before the ceremony. He has letters from when I was fourteen, sixteen, and seventeen. :-)

Anonymous said...

I gave him a Rolex submariner. He got me a pair of vintage pearl and diamond drop earriings that I had my eye on from an estate jeweler. We were married just over 3 weeks ago.

The Pink Chick said...

Love the cuff links! I think they are a perfect gift!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Those are the cutest cufflinks on earth! :)

KatiePerk said...

How thoughtful! He will love them. My husband would! Where did you find them?

Jules said...

I think that is a perfect gift and that he will love it! I think it's so nice that you're getting your wedding date engraved on them.

My husband and I exchanged gifs. I got him a watch and he got me a diamond necklace.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

What a great gift! He will love it!

Belle said...

I love these!

I just got married in June and my Hubby and I also exchanged gifts. Both if his sets of grandparents are deceased so I gave him locket cufflinks with photos of each of them on their wedding days so he could carry each of them with him...he loved them. He gave me my something blue- a blue topaz coctail ring.

P*P*P said...

ok.....LOVE your little gift idea! It's so sweet and sounds like the "fish" theme is right up his alley! ALSO -- LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress! It looks FABULOUS and I love your choice of the belt!! The beaded belt certainly makes the dress!!!!...(my dress also has a little beaded detail)

Also, I never did comment on your bachelorette party post, but that looked SO fun too! LOVE LOVE LOVE it all!!! You're so close to the wedding now!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Have you seen these from Vineyard Vines?
http://www.vineyardvines.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/_/Sailfish-Cufflinks/productID/00d300c6-9aad-4d30-9ea2-d5ad433de3db/categoryID/6365a1a1-4678-4cb9-9eb1-bef17ed1be61/

I saw them & thought of you.
I love your small gift idea. I don't think Mr Madras & I did that...it's amazing what you forget after 7 years & 2 children LOL. I am sooo excited for you!! I can't wait to hear more details!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs