Friday, October 9, 2009

An Award

The adorable LuLu in D.C. left me a blog award! How fun! Definitely check out LuLu's blog - she went to Aruba on her honeymoon as well and stayed at the same hotel as us!! Fabulous!
For the award, I have to list 7 random things about myself...

1. I sleep on my back with my knees up. My dad sleeps like this too so I guess I inherited it from him. J thinks it's the weirdest thing ever, but it's SO comfortable! 

2. I hate fruity desserts - not a fan of apple pie, lemon meringue pie, etc. To me, a dessert must involve CHOCOLATE. 

3. I'm pretty much legally blind. My eyesight is SO bad, and I actually probably shouldn't drive at night (even with my contacts) because it gets alot worse at night. It's sort of scary actually. I absolutely refuse to drive at night in the rain - I will just not leave the house. Pathetic, but true. I've had to make Jake pick me up from places and switch with me in the car to drive because I can't see. 

4. I never really found wedding planning for our wedding stressful at all. I had one minor freak out the entire time (like 3 weeks out from the wedding) but that was it. Obviously most of that has to do with the fact that I do it every day for my job, but alot of my friends were expecting me to be bridezilla or be really stressed. I was seriously the complete opposite. I knew what I wanted from the beginning and luckily I was able to do it all, my parents were super generous and gave me alot of freedom with the planning. Loved it!

5. Even though I love where we live, our town, our house, our lives...I would LOVE to move someplace completely different and start over somewhere. I doubt this will ever happen, but I really do like to dream about just picking up and moving to a new town/state. It would be so fun to explore some place new, get new jobs somewhere, live somewhere where we don't know anyone! I'm pretty sure we're set on where we live now for a very long time, but it's always fun to dream!

6. I really really want to be crafty! I get awesome ideas in my head and I always find fun projects to try, but they never come out how I imagine. I could fill a whole closet with my craft projects gone wrong. I wish I could sew, paint, craft myself silly!

7. I talk to my mom on the phone every single day. I typically call her on my way home from work in the evenings and we chat about our days. When we didn't talk for the entire week of our honeymoon, it felt really weird. J made fun of me for wanting to call my mom on the honeymoon, but as soon as we landed back in the US, I called her right away. I just like to talk to her about everything and nothing. 

I tag anyone else who wants to do this!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award!! You totally deserve it! I am so with you on 2,5,6 and 7! Hope you have a great weekend! = )

MCW said...

I am legally blind as well! Contacts are such a life saver...My glasses are sooo thick I am embarressed to wear them.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs