Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Birthday Perfection!

I had the most wonderful birthday, as you can see from the picture! I ended the day by eating a huge piece of red velvet cake in my pj's while watching Gossip Girl - heavenly! And the slippers I'm wearing are a birthday gift from Spencer - ha! Spencer has a thing for slippers and she's chewed right through FOUR pairs since we've had her! Now that the weather is colder and I didn't have a pair since she destroyed mine last spring, she decided she would get me a new pair for my birthday. What a thoughtful dog!

I also went for a relaxing 4 mile run yesterday, followed by a pedicure, a fabulous (and wine filled) lunch with my mom and then a long walk with Jake and Spencer at the park by our house to see the fall leaves! Basically my perfect day!

Jake's 30th birthday is SATURDAY!! Woo hoo! We're having about 20ish people over to the house for a small, laid back party. I'm so excited - but I just realized that I need to get my butt in gear and start planning the food/drinks/decor! Busy busy week!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy happy birthday!!! that cake looks yummy! I turn the big 3-0 in Novemeber. Hope you all have a great time celebrating this weekend! = )

MCW said...

Your birthday sounds perfect!!! Although a 4 mile run does not sound to relaxing to me :)

BRD said...

That cake looks heavenly - love Red Velvet! Glad you had a birthday!

--DC Prep

QueenBeeSwain said...

There is nothing like red velvet as one's birthday cake- the 30th will be an incredible year I feel :) way to kick it off with a 4 mile run!

kHm

Red and White Preppy said...

What a fabulous day :) Glad you had a good one!

My dog Tessie always gives me birthday gifts, too!

Freck said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday!! That cake looks amazing :)

The Pink Chick said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad you had a great birthday!!!!

Posh Peach said...

What a perfect day! I'm so glad it was a good birthday. That red velvet cake looks delish!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Sounds like a great way to celebrate to me!!

Ashley said...

Happy Belated-- I was on a plane all day yesterday!

P*P*P said...

glad you had a lovely birthday!! that picture is too cute!

Mrs. K said...

mmm...love red velvet cake! :)

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs