Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy 1 Month!

I cannot believe we've been married for 1 month today. Time really does fly! It's been a wonderful 4 weeks! Since I'm off today, I plan on being a good wife and cleaning the house all day and then making a delicious dinner!

I found the Barefoot Contessa's recipe for Lobster Mac and Cheese and I'm going to attempt it! Lobster is actually on sale this week at our grocery store, so we'll see how it goes. Typically I just make the Kraft blue box - ha! I've also never cooked lobster before....eeek! If I'm successful, I will post pictures and the recipe...

I'm also surprising J with a small cake from our wedding cake bakery - the lemon cake with the lemon curd filling (his favorite layer). We didn't save our top layer at the wedding because my cake lady is a good friend of mine from work and she said she will make us a cake whenever we want one (LOVE!). Even though our cake was mostly chocolate with chocolate filling (my fave!), I figured since I'm getting it as a surprise to Jake, I will get the lemon cake since he loved that one. Speaking of cake, I found a pic of our delicious and beautiful cake from the wedding:
Isn't it adorable? The letters were actually wooden letters I found at Michaels and painted green. The ribbon looks black, but it was navy. It had garden roses and dahlias on top. SO DELICIOUS - I can't wait to eat that tonight!

I'm also picking up my wedding dress today - I had it cleaned and preserved because I just wanted to be able to stick it in the closet and not worry about it anymore. Part of me is definitely tempted to try it on to see if it still fits...I sure hope it does after only 1 month!

Off to run my errands and clean the house - Happy Monday, enjoy this beautiful fall day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful cake! I love the wooden letters like that.

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy!! {but the blue box is too! haha} lovelovelove the cake! Hope you have a great day off and happy one month anniv. = )

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I can't wait to hear how the mac and cheese turns out, I've always wanted to make that but never got around to it. I LOVE your cake! I am going to steal all of your wedding ideas when I get married! Everything looks like it was amazing!!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Time flies! Congratulations on this fun milestone! It just gets better from here!

Belle said...

Love the cake! It's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 Month! Great cake :)

SplendidlyImperfect said...

You're so good and responsible - I stuck mine in a big Rubbermaid bin! Uncleaned!!! We'll be celebrating our 6th anniversary this month. It was one of those things that I meant to get around to one day...

Happy one month!

Hailey HRH said...

oh i just LOVE your cake! nothing like i have ever seen. great job!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs