Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Interesting

I found this article this morning on CNN and while I found it pretty interesting, it also scared the crap out of me! The Center for Science in the Public Interest released it's list of the top 10 riskiest foods in America. As in, cause the most sickness, etc. based on the number of outbreaks for food poisoning. Here's the list:

1. Leafy Greens
2. Eggs
3. Tuna
4. Oysters
5. Potatoes
6. Cheese
7. ICE CREAM
8. Tomatoes
9. Sprouts
10. Berries

Umm that is basically a list of my favorite foods of all times. Umm ICE CREAM?? Are you kidding me? Apparently there's a problem with soft serve ice cream and samonella...yikes! I knew about the sprouts (growing up, my mom wouldn't even let us eat them! I thought she was weird at the time, but apparently there is a pesticide issue with them??).

Obviously, alot of these come with proper food washing before you eat something, especially with the produce items. I'm always anal about washing our veggies and fruit, especially berries. But I don't think this list is going to make me not eat ice cream - not gonna happen!!

12 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Love the new look! That article was a little too much for me. I heart most of those foods too.

SkinnyMeg said...

Wow most of those I wouldn't have thought would be on that list!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Sheesh! Really? Ice cream is so worth the risk!

MCW said...

The potatoes really confused me as well! I would have never thought potatoes were an issue.

Bridges and Bites said...

I'm not ok with this list. They need to revise it!

Anonymous said...

Love the new page-very pretty! I can't believe that list! Thanks so much for sharing. = )

CRICKET said...

Wow, I am going to read the article.

Deco Aurora said...

At Starbucks heard the Sorbetto was making people sick.

BRD said...

Even the risk of serious illness won't keep me away from ice cream....

--DC Prep

P*P*P said...

Um....I will not be giving up ice cream either...that's a fact.

Also, I love your cake picture in your last post! :)

coffee break said...

yikes. I love all these food as well!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I am shocked about potatoes and ice cream -- dang those are my fav!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs