Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Obsession

Since the wedding planning madness is now over, I'm pretty much obsessed with all things related to home projects and home decor. Our house is still a blank slate as far as decor (we do not have ONE single thing hung on the walls and we've lived here since May). We basically painted every room, moved our old hand-me-down furniture in and called it a day. Now I'm dying to decorate, hang curtains, etc. to make it seem homey.

I came across this picture today and I'm in LOVE!

(photo found on The Nest)

My favorite part - the letters over the bed! They must be mine!! This whole room is actually a pretty perfect interpretation of what I'd like for our room. We painted our walls a very light blue and I want to accessorize with tan and chocolate brown accents. I just love how clean and tailored it is.

So if anyone has any ideas where I can find letter prints that I can frame to put over our bed, let me know!

16 comments:

Hailey HRH said...

i love love love those letters above the bed!!! so precious. i love them.

Hailey HRH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Headbands and Hand Bags said...

I love love the monogram over the bed!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I love the letters over the bed too! It was the first thing I noticed!!

SkinnyMeg said...

I think you could buy the letters online. Etsy has them I'm sure then you just stick them on wood, canvas, or in an awesome frame. I love it! After my wedding I was obsessed with my house too. You need something to do after all the wedding planning! next comes baby planning!!

Cyn said...

I would try Etsy :)

MCW said...

That room is adorable. It is so fun to decorate!

Posh Peach said...

I love those letters! So cute.

BRD said...

I LOVE this idea and am totally copying it when I get married! It is going in my house folder.

I would try Michaels - you could probably buy an inexpensive stencil and some high-quality paper and paint it yourself. You can also buy frames there! Good luck - let us see the result!

--DC Prep

Ashley said...

We have our letters over our bed already, but ours are much smaller.

We're talking 5x7 and we got ours at younghouselove.com for 10 bucks

Belle said...

Love it! Funny thing is, those letters are mine and my hubby's! ha!

Homes Suite Homes said...

you are right- this is fabulous bedroom interior! great find :)

EJR said...

When I saw that pic I ran out to a local print shop and had them print the L & M for me. It was super cheap and easy. I already had the frames hanging around and the print shop only charged me $5.

SplendidlyImperfect said...

That photo is from Jen's blog - http://jengrantmorris.blogspot.com/search/label/bedroom her whole house is done in that clean, uncluttered style. I do believe she just cut out the letters herself and stuck them in frames. (scroll down in that link - the directions to DIY are there)

Anonymous said...

http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/10/how-to-make-a-magazine-monogram/

Hilary said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! We were married in April & there are still places in our house where we don't have crown molding/trim. And we have completely unpainted walls - all the way down to the plaster. Planning our interiors is definitely one of my favorite things to do with no more wedding to plan!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs