Friday, October 30, 2009

Party Preparations!

So Jake's 30th birthday party is tomorrow afternoon/evening. He wanted something super laid back because he's not really into being the center of attention, but obviously, I can't really do any parties "small". It's in my nature to plan, decorate and go overboard!! He got me to agree to no real decorations (gasp!), but I did get a few fun surprise things!

We're having people over around 4pm and J wanted to serve chili and get a half keg and then just watch football. Ummm, not really my idea of a fun party, but it's his birthday, so that's what we're doing. Of course, I had to get a little fancy and we're now serving 3 different kinds of chili - regular, a white chicken chili and a vegetarian chili. We'll have each kind in crock pots so people can serve themselves and then have a whole buffet set with different toppings for the chili - cheese, sour cream, green onions, tortilla chips, etc. I'm also doing cornbread (1 plain and 1 jalapeno cheese) and assorted appetizers. J is in charge of getting the keg and I made a really yummy mint ice tea last night, plus we got several bottles of wine for the girls.

We have like 24 people coming (a lot for our tiny little house!) including both of our parents and J's brother and his wife. It's also sort of serving as a house warming party, since we really haven't had alot of our friends over to the house since we've moved in. We've been working hard on decorating and getting stuff put away so our house looks cute. I think we're going to end up re-arranging some furniture in the living room so there's more space for all those people. I'm sure J will be REALLY happy when I tell him we're moving furniture around tonight - ha!!

So Happy 30th to my wonderful, adorable and fantastic hubby!!! I'll be sure to post pictures from the party! Happy Halloween weekend!

9 comments:

The Pink Chick said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! I know the party will be fabulous! Have a great weekend!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I hope y'all have a great time! It sounds like it will be fun.

MCW said...

Sounds delicious! Can I come over :)

KatiePerk said...

Mmm chili. Good luck. Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day to your hubs!! Hope his party is wonderful and y'all have a great weekend! = )

SkinnyMeg said...

yum yum to all that good chili!!! Great idea to "spruce" up his party!

Always Organizing said...

Sounds wonderful, have a great time!

Jules said...

Happy 30th to your hubby! Chili, beer, wine...that sounds like a party to me :)

I hope that you had a nice time!

Posh Peach said...

I hope Jake had a wonderful birthday! The party sounds like so much fun an so very fall-ish. Hope you guys had a great Halloween!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs