Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Super Thrifty

We have slowly been buying furniture for our new house. By slowly, I mean at a snails pace. While I would love to run out and purchase new EVERYTHING for the entire house, that's just not something my credit card would like right now. 99.9% of everything we have in the house is hand me down's. It's not my favorite thing ever, but if we didn't have such generous friends and family, our house would be EMPTY, so I'll take the hand me down's for now.

So we have budgeted and J has let me buy a few new things - yay! Of course, I had to promise to try and get good deals on everything and not just walk in Pottery Barn and drop a month's paycheck. Well ladies, I'm SUPER proud of my most recent purchase!

We have a small entryway/foyer and I had been on the hunt for something to put there for storage (coats, shoes, etc). I came across this beauty at Pottery Barn and fell in love:It's the Samantha entry way collection. The bench with storage and then the upper shelves to hang up coats - literally it's perfect and exactly what I wanted! However, I did not love the price - for the whole set, it would be $529, and that doesn't include any of the baskets or the cushion for the bench. Yikes, no thanks.

But then I found this:

SHUT UP!! Randomly I googled "entry way bench" and this came up at JCPenney - yes, for real! I have never really shopped at JCPenney before, especially for furniture. My mouth literally fell open when I saw this...and then I saw the pricetag - $199! Seriously, I about died. And that price INCLUDES all 6 baskets AND the cushions for the bench. I was still a little bit nervous, but the website had like 85 reviews of the product (and yes, I read every single one of them) and they were all positive. People said the quality was really nice and that it's basically the exact same as the Pottery Barn one.

You better believe I clicked "order now" as fast as possible. Oh yeah, and then I got FREE SHIPPING. I really think it might have been my lucky day. The only bummer - it's backordered until November...but we got such a good deal, I don't mind waiting. Once it's here, I will take pictures and post MY review of it! LOVE!!

17 comments:

EJR said...

You would love the blog copycatchic.com She finds more affordable versions of pottery barn, ws home, and restoration hardware.

Courtney said...

How exciting!!! We are the same way right now. We move into our house next month and agreed to slowly buy furniture so we don't go broke right away.
It's so hard to be patient though!!!

Jamie said...

That's crazy that it looks pretty much the same for such a great price! You'll have to post pics once you get it it :)

Anonymous said...

I love that you found that! I have had my eye on something similar. I love the baskets at the bottom. Great for storage and maybe hiding if unexpected company shows up lol

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

When I was growing up, all of my bedding came from JC Penny. They seem to have good home stuff from what I can tell. Great find!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

They are the exact same thing! What a great find! We started the same way, but ti has been so fun over the past couple of years to trade things out and make them our own!

KatiePerk said...

Impressive find!! I love it!

SkinnyMeg said...

I have ordered furniture from penney's and it's always been awesome! Great find I love it!!

The Pink Chick said...

I love this for an entry way! What a great price!!!

Hailey HRH said...

omg thats awesome!!!! pottery barn rocks - but def too expensive for my blood. i even almost like the JCP one better! good job! take a pic once you get it in.

MCW said...

What a great find!!! Love it!

P*P*P said...

What a great find! Who knew..JC Penny!?!?!

Belle said...

Great deal!! We are also buying stuff for the house super-slow, so I know how it feels to want it all now!

Always Organizing said...

Terrific find! It's going to look great :)

ps. I agree with Sweet Pea, copycatchic is great to look at!

Anonymous said...

whoa! {insert Joey Lawrence voice} That was one stinkin' sweet deal! I have ordered many things from JCP and have always been happy. When me and Dave got married all we had was a bedroom suit and a VCR...we watched Dumb and Dumber wayyyyy too much! Hope your having a great day! = )

Posh Peach said...

What a great find! I bet your house is just adorable. Thanks for all your kind words! Love ya grandbig!

All Things Cherish said...

Super cute! I've found a lot of good buys on furniture from JCP also. They have great pieces that look just like Ballard's, PB, Restoration Hardware, etc. So far I've been pleased with everything I've bought but seriously who would have thought?!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs