Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Weekend Project!

My handy husband has struck again! Before we started working on the house, I had no idea he was so good with projects - I'm seriously impressed!

I worked some HEINOUS hours at work this weekend - as in, I was AT the hotel BEFORE the sun was up both Saturday and Sunday. Have I mentioned that I'm not a morning person? Having your alarm go off at 5:00am on Saturday morning so you can go to WORK is really not my idea of a good time. So needless to say, I was quite grumpy this past week and weekend.

To help make me feel better, the husband installed a mantle to our fireplace while I was at work on Saturday!! It was awesome to come home to Saturday afternoon - I was so excited! It was especially nice because I literally crashed on the couch as soon as I came home both days, so I got to lay there and stare at his handiwork! Ok, picture time!

The Before:

No mantle at all, just ugly old pieces of trim around the brick. We are also rocking the ghetto cable wire over the fireplace, compliments of the cable guy's "installation" when we moved in. Stapling cable to my wall does not count as installation in my book.



The After:

Fabulous new mantle and trim pieces! Isn't it beautiful? I can't wait to decorate the mantle and hang stockings this Christmas! J even hid all the cable wires under the mantle so we don't look ghetto anymore! I can't believe what a difference it makes - he did SUCH a good job!
Yay for handy husbands!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow!! He did a great job! Wont it be fun to decorate it all up now?! Hope your having a great day! = )

KatiePerk said...

well done hubby!! It does look great. I can see it "dressed" for the holidays!

BRD said...

Looks beautiful! I wish I had a handy husband.... :( Someday!

--DC Prep

Hailey HRH said...

WOW that looks awesome!!! what a great hubby you have!

Freck said...

Beautiful!! He really did an amazing job.

Always Organizing said...

Wonderful job!!! He definitely is a handy hubby :)

Jules said...

He did such a great job! I think the mantle looks wonderful. I can't wait until we have a house where we can have something like that.

Wila (aka Ali) said...

LOVE the new mantle. You definitly got a keeper (as if you had any doubt!!!!). :-)

EmilyB said...

Wow - what a difference the mantle makes! It's awesome to have a handy hubby (and how much are you loving calling him your husband!!?? It still makes me giddy and I've already been married 3+ months :)

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs