Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yay October!

Happy October - my favorite month! My birthday is now officially 26 days away! In celebration of the best month of the year, I've put together a birthday wishlist from J.Crew...

These entire outfits please --

This coat (the color is amazing!)This dress...perfect for work or dinner out!

I would also take a gift card to J.Crew so I could pick everything out on my own as well - ha! I love my birthday! (yes, I'm almost 28 years old and still obsessed with my birthday!)

So I just looked at my October schedule and the month isn't shaping up to be too bad! I actually have two FULL weekends OFF! OMG - that hasn't happened in...forever! J is turning the BIG 3-0 on Halloween, so I have that entire weekend off and we are having our first big party at our house! I'm so excited! I'll have to do a post on party plans soon - I just put the invites to the party in the mail today...yes, I'm a nerd and sent out real paper invites, I was just TOO excited!

We have some major house plans on the horizon for this month too ---- soooo happy about that. We bought a new dishwasher this past weekend and J is installing it tonight! We are slowly working on replacing all our kitchen appliances. The stove and dishwasher are done...now just the fridge and a new over-the-stove microwave! We're taking our time with it and budgeting everything...slow process but we will finish! We're planning a full kitchen upgrade (cabinets, counters, etc.) for early next year...I've started collecting ideas already!

J has also FINALLY agreed to let me spend some of our wedding money. We put it ALL in savings, but it's literally burning a whole in my pocket! We're not going to spend all of it, but we are going to replace both sliding doors (living room and basement), as well as put in a new glass storm door in at our front door. We are also planning on installing a shelving unit in our basement, to create sort of a shelving/bar type of set up. J is dying for a "man-cave" type of space down there with a small bar area and I'm allowing it, with some provisions. We found this as C&B and I think it's a great compromise on a "bar" but still really nice looking and organized:


They actually carry this at our C&B store, so we're going to go look at it this weekend and hopefully spend our wedding C&B gift cards to put towards it! Love!

Sorry this is such a boring and random post! Yay October!

9 comments:

Wila (aka Ali) said...

Those outfits are great. No need to be ashamed about being birthday-excited. I get that way too! It just feels special and fun. By the way, the honeymoon pictures are amazing!!!! You look so happy and sun-kissed! Yeah!

KatiePerk said...

That shelving is fabulous! obviously I love the birthday selections as well!

MCW said...

All of your outfit choices are perfect fall ensembles! Have a great times creating the man cave...

coffee break said...

I loveee jcrews new stuff! Time for some fall stuff to be added to their sale section? I think so! haha

Anonymous said...

Ah I've been drooling over that C&B shelving forever--I love the built in bar!

Anonymous said...

I am loving your birthday list!! I want that gray cardigan so bad! Happy early birthday and I hope you get everything plus more thats on your list! = )

honey my heart said...

love jcrea :) the first cardigan is my fave look.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Great finds! I love that shelving unit too!

Unknown said...

Love the jcrew pieces! We have the same style, all of those pieces are currently in my shopping cart :)

good luck with the home renovations

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs