Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Newest Snack Addiction!

So I think I'm a little bit late in becoming obsessed with this, but I've finally come around to Greek Yogurt. I've tried it in the past and I just couldn't bring myself to eat it - it's just way too bitter for my taste, even the flavored kinds. But I kept reading about how good it is nutritionally, so I wanted to keep trying. This week at the grocery store, I bought this on a whim:

The indiviual containers of the 2% Fage yogurt with the seperate small compartment of honey! OMG! Adding the honey to the yogurt made it DELICIOUS! It totally cut out the bitter taste that I hate. I ate it mixed in with some fresh strawberries and it was seriously the most refreshing thing I've had in a while!

However, the 2% Fage is not exactly the world's most low-calorie snack...it has 180 calories and 2.5 grams of fat in just that small little cup (but it does contain 10 big grams of protien - awesome!). So I think I'm going to start buying the larger containers of the Fage that are 0% fat, as that cuts the calories in half, and then just adding my own honey to it. I'd also like to start mixing in granola to add some texture and crunch in addition to the berries. This is definitely going to become my new spring and summer snack!

Is anyone else in love with Greek yogurt? If you haven't tried it, I would highly recommend it!

7 comments:

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

I have tried Greek Yogurt before with some fruit added to it and I have to admit, I hated it. It tasted bitter to me. However, adding honey sounds like it would make it delicious!! I'll have to try that! Thanks girl!!

The Pink Chick said...

I haven't tried Greek Yogurt yet but everyone seems to love it. I must put it on my grocery list!

Barefoot in the Park said...

i love it! i tried the whole purchase the big one and put my own honey in ... never as good. i think its the cute container :)

Posh Peach said...

I love it! If I'm having it plain I put splenda in it to sweeten it up, but it is very delicious with honey. It can be used as sour cream too!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I was eating greek yogurt mixed 1/2 with Dannon light and fit and Kashi granola until I got used to the greek-y flavor. I just eat the flavored greek yogurt plain now and don't think I could switch back to regular. Yum!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Isn't it divine? I love it so much and use it in place of sour cream as well. Definitely needs some sweetening if plain but I find it to be very filling with a piece of fruit too! :) Yay for finding fun new snacks!

What Kate Wore said...

It is so funny to read this, I just finished my container of this!

Sending you a smile,
tp

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs