Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Upgrade!

Our old fridge and our new beautiful, shiny fridge!
 (please ignore the rest of the kitchen, it's a work in progress! and yes, we put a picture of our new fridge on the old fridge so we could look at it every day before it was delivered)

We've started the beautification project in our kitchen, starting with getting the last of our new appliances (we already have a new stove and dishwasher). I never knew how excited I would get over a fridge, but that thing is incredible. My favorite part? The fact that I don't have to bend over to get stuff out of the fridge - it's all at a perfect height with the freezer below. Oh and we have ice - a major accomplishment! No more stupid ice trays. Heaven!

The next step is starting to sand, prime and paint our horrible honey oak cabinets white. They are so disgusting, covered in grease and grime. Then we're installing new countertops and a sink and faucet. The cabinets will also get new knobs (they don't have any right now) and then we're painting the walls - still searching for the perfect shade of green. Finishing up our little (ha!) DIY project is new lighting - we're taking down the awful florescent and doing recessed lighting. And if I can convince J, I'd love a hanging pendant light over the sink. 

Quite an undertaking, but I'm so excited!

11 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Hooray for new appliances!! It is sooo shiny!!

MCW said...

I have the same fridge in my kitchen! Love it!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I've not mentioned it on my blog yet, mainly because I forget to take pictures, but T is in the process of buying a house. When you mentioned cabinets it made me think of it. This house has the most disgusting cabinets. They are white with hunter green doors. Be sure to let us know how the painting goes!

Freck said...

Oh how exciting!!! It's so pretty!

Emily said...

I love shiny new refrigerators! Congrats on the upgrade!

P*P*P said...

Yay for the new fridge! It looks great and your plans for the kitchen sound wonderful! :)

Belle said...

Pretty! I can't wait to see how the rest of the kitchen turns out!

DC GOP Girl said...

Yay! What a fantastic fridge. My parents have the same one. Can't wait until I have a house one day so that I can buy appliances. :P

XoXo.

Ashley said...

I can't wait to see your progress :)

SplendidlyImperfect said...

It's beautiful! I'd totally be excited to get a pretty new fridge like that. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Always Organizing said...

Ooooh, love the fridge!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs