Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

(photo by Egomedia Photography)

My mom and I are extremely close. We don't look alike at all (as you can see from the picture), but we are very similar in many other ways. I was lucky enough to have my mom be a stay at home mom for my entire life. She left her job when she had me and didn't go back to work until I went to college. She is the inspiration for me to (hopefully!) do the same thing when we have kids. She is now back to work and has worked her way up within her company to a regional manager. I am so proud of her for being able to be a great mom for all of my childhood, and then go back and have a successful career as well. 

She really taught me so much about growing up and I still talk to her at least once a day. Now I call her for cooking advice, sewing help, etc. I don't know what I would do without her - she's the best!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

2 comments:

mFw said...

Such a fabulous picture! Hope you have a great day!

Always Organizing said...

Such a wonderful post. Happy Mother's Day to your lovely Mom!!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs