- 1/2 cup ripe banana (about 1 small banana)
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup plain low fat greek yogurt (I used plain Chobani yogurt) *I actually used nonfat Chobani and they came out fine*
- 3/4 cup oats (use gluten free if sensitive to gluten)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Designer Whey, or you could use any flavor you would like!) *I could not find protein powder at my grocery store and I didn't feel like chasing for it, so I left it out. I think next time I will trek out to Whole Foods to get some, just to pump up the protein of these muffins*
- 12-14 packets stevia (or 1/2 cup sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, or line with silicone or foil liners, (spray liners if using). 2. Place all of the ingredients in a blender, (or food processor), and blend until mixture is smooth. 3. Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
This is an adaptation of the recipe found here, the Dashing Dish, and my changes are in red. The biggest change I made was to double the entire recipe and make 24 muffins. I froze half to have on hand after little man makes his arrival because I think they will be perfect to grab at 2:00am while I'm up feeding/changing/rocking.
The thing I loved most about these is that you just dump all your ingredients into the blender, blend and then pour into the muffin tins. Super easy and no clean up except for putting the blender into the dishwasher - my kind of recipe!! Also, they are really healthy with having no gluten or sugar, which is another bonus! And they taste like delicious banana bread! Definitely a must try!