Monday, May 28, 2012

Scenes from a Due Date

***Note - you will not find a newborn baby in any of these pictures. Little man did not want to become a baby born on his due date and he continues to be comfy cozy***

Although the baby did not make his appearance, we've still been having a fabulously relaxing weekend. I think the little guy wanted his mom and dad to be able to have one final wonderful weekend and that's why he decided not to arrive on time. Thanks for that, son!
The day started with blueberry pancakes and turkey sausage - YUM!

Then Jake gave me a "due date present" - I hate the term push present, so I guess these are more like a "you made it all the way to 40 weeks, hope the baby comes out soon!" present. Beautiful opal (my birthstone) earrings that belonged to his grandmother. I'm obsessed!
We spent the morning at the pool - which feels fabulous on my belly and heavy pregnant legs!
Spencer had fun at a cookout at my parents house and enjoyed her (more than likely) last weekend as an "only child".
The yummy Boston Creme pie that my mom made - the baby and I may or may not have had 2 slices...
40 week bump in all it's glory! Do we look like we're excited or scared to have a baby soon???

6 comments:

Barefoot in the Park said...

Happy last weekend and 40 weeks!

Silvia said...

Almost there!

KatiePerk said...

What beautiful earrings! I can't wait to hear he made his debut!!!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

You look great! Hope that baby makes an appearance sooner than later!

Anonymous said...

You look awesome...still tiny and ALL belly! He will be here soon!! YAY!!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

Oh man, I'm 40 weeks tomorrow and today I learned I'm not dilated or effaced at all. The end of pregnancy is so lame! You look adorable, and I would love to eat that yummy looking cake. Enjoy your last couple days!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs